Zombie movies

Sunday, March 12, 2006

#1 White Zombie 1932

I am not a reviewer. I am not a writer. I just watch movies and write down some of my thoughts. I may ruin an ending or spoil a surprise. I will no doubt offend someone too.

This movie was different than any I have seen in that the zombies are created by an individual to do his bidding. They don't rise from the grave on their own.

The groom, Neil, has a very large forehead. It is possible that he suffered from hydrocephalus.

I know nothing of film history. But apparently they had a different idea of what acting was back in 1932. Maybe it was because of the transition from silent film to talkies, or maybe from stage to film. They way overact.

While Bela Lugosi may have had some pretty cool clothes he also had some truly frightening eyebrows. If you can imagine taking slightly bushier than normal eyebrows and ripping them off someone's face then reattaching them to the opposite sides (left brow over right eye and vice versa) then pushing them closer together until they were almost touching you can see what I mean.
The most interesting part of watching this film was when the bride was telling the fortune of the groom by looking into his glass of wine. First she sees happiness, then love. Then she looks down and sees Bela's face, with his wild glowing eyes, in the glass. She slowly raises her head and stares blankly into the distance. "I see death". KRAKA-KA-BOW!! A great big clap of thunder explodes outside my house. Sure it had been raining and thundering all day. But this was the biggest loudest thunder yet and the timing could not have been more perfect. Clearly this is a sign from God that I am supposed to watch all of the zombie movies ever made. I am thinking either Zeus or Thor.

66m

1 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

Totally Thor. Zeus would not deal with zombies, i think.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home