Zombie movies

Friday, June 09, 2006

#56 Dawn Of The Dead 1978

This was the original version. I liked the 2004 version. I like this one too, but for different reasons. It is kind of hard to compare the two because they are totally different. None of the characters are the same and the plot is different too. The only similarity was that the people were holed up in a mall. It was also more of a direct sequel to NOTLD.

A newscopter pilot, his pregnant girlfriend and two cops fly around looking for safe refuge. They stop for supplies at a shopping mall and realize that it would be a great place to dig in and wait it out. But they have to clean out all the zombies already in the mall and defend it from a biker gang who wants it for themselves.

4804m

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

The 2004 version has been on cable a lot lately so of course I watched it, now that I am hip to the zombie genre. I never would have watched it before. I thought Sarah Polley was pretty cute in this movie, even though she usually doesn't do much for me. Weird to see ER's Dr. Pratt with a zombie girlfriend.

But this isn't the 2004 post, so I should quit commenting on that one, shouldn't I? This original sounds quite different. Is there a comparable baby scene?

Also, do you have any advice for protecting my home, property and pets against the destructive tendencies of small boys?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Scarecrowink said...

She was cute. Not Mary with three names cute.

I thought there was going to be a baby scene, since the woman was pregnant, but it never happened. Which was fine by me.

The best way to protect your house from boys of any size, is to not let them in to begin with.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Do you think these boys will mind if I make them sleep in the shed?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Scarecrowink said...

No. It is probably bigger than the closet they are used to.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home